Bathroom Toilet Tilt

I recently renovated an unfinished attic, as part of the effort I installed a new half bathroom. The problem is the house is OLD and there is a significant tilt from the back to the front of the toilet, we are talking about a severe tilt here. You almost could do a summersault while sitting on the can if you really wanted to. The problem is the tilt interferes with the siphon of the toilet flush so that you need to perform double flushes to successfully clear the bowl. I was starting to just layer a large amount of shims underneath the toilet but thought that after time the pine shims would rot from condensation from being where they were. Is there a good solution to level off the toilet so that the flushing siphon works properly with a substance that will not fade over time? Pressure treated shims?? Thanks!
I'm no expert on this but from thinking for about 2 seconds I figure OK , why can't you build a frame around the drain, a square about 2X2 then pour in a layer of concrete and level this off to be actually level, then lay down a floor material then your can on top then all should work right.
Just a thought from Macgyver!!
MAC aka Searcher
Mike Plate wrote:

Mike,
I figure that you're not going to like this but here goes.
Toilets are meant to be installed on a almost perfectly level surface. Not only for the reason you mentioned about the siphon problem but because wax ring must make a perfect seal or you'll get a leak that will rot out the floor. I prefer to use the UltraSeal type that is waxless and can rock slightly without breaking a seal. So, the part you won't like is the suggestion that you must get the floor level. Building it up just around the toilet to level it will work but will look crapy. Please don't use shims to level it if it's as bad as you say as you'll just have more serious problems ahead. Repairing the floor is not as bad as it sounds as you most likely don't have to remove the tub/shower.