bathroom tile size

We're preparing to install wall and shower tile in a 1920s bungalow. We like a jade color that is appropriate to this period but only comes in 6 inch square. We know 4-1/4 inch tiles were more commonly used in older bathrooms. Is anyone aware of whether 6 inch tiles were also used in the 1920s?

Reply to
olivebranch1

Ray Kostanty

Keep looking. It may cost a little more, but I'll be someone can get what you want. Check out a real tile design house in a larger city. Around here they will have them made any color and size you want.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan