Bathroom tile reglazing --- Glas-Tech9000 system -- anyone have comments?

My wife is very unhappy with our tile color in our bathroom (50yrs old) and the tub has lost its shine, so we are getting some est's on reglazing the tile and tube and floor. So far the contractors all use the Glas-Tech 9000 Acrylic refinishing system. Price range is from $900 and 5yr warrenty to $1600 and 10yr warrenty.

1600 guy seems more experienced in reglazing. The cost to redo the whole bathroom would be $6000 so that is out of the question. I would be interested in anyones experience in using this product and what I could expect in the years to come. Thanks for the input. L & J.
Reply to
<bichonmax

My wife is very unhappy with our tile color in our bathroom (50yrs old) and the tub has lost its shine, so we are getting some est's on reglazing the tile and tube and floor. So far the contractors all use the Glas-Tech 9000 Acrylic refinishing system. Price range is from $900 and 5yr warrenty to $1600 and 10yr warrenty.

1600 guy seems more experienced in reglazing. The cost to redo the whole bathroom would be $6000 so that is out of the question. I would be interested in anyones experience in using this product and what I could expect in the years to come. Thanks for the input. L & J.
Reply to
<bichonmax

Bah Humbug. Reglazing is only good if you are about to move. It only lasts a few years, if you are careful. Personally, I am leaning towards having the bathtub replaced then doing the tiles myself. Should be good for decades after that, and I can clean it with whatever I want.

Reply to
scott_z500