Bathroom Sink Has Mold or Mildew In Overflow Drain Hole

I noticed a bad odor coming from *inside* the bathroom sink. I looked inside the overflow drain hole with a flashlight and sure enough, there's mold (or mildew?) growing in there!

Would some dilution of Clorox + water work? And how can I get the Clorox down into that narrow hole? Any type of brush that is narrow & flexible enough to get down into that hole?

Thanx in advance!

Reply to
Steven D. Litvintchouk

Chlorix is good, but that "hole" is a concealed passage which goes all the way to the drain (pop-up) opening. Very hard to clean of the soap scum which the mildew lives on.

A turkey baster might work for this.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim