Bathroom Remodel Question: buying different toilet than pedestal-- different company.. problem?

Hi I am remodeling a bathroom. The pedestal i will be using is a totally different brand Kohler than the toilet I will be using.. Reason, the Toto toilet flushes better than the Cimaron by Kohler... But I dont like the toto pedestal.. They are virtually the same color.... Has anyone done something similar, that is using different companies for pedestal and toilet thanks!

By "pedestal" I assume you mean "pedestal sink".
Why would it matter as long as they match - or at a minimum, satisfy you in the way they look?
It's not as if the operation of the toilet impacts the operation of the sink or vice-versus or that you'll be exchanging parts.
I have a Kohler tub and surround, an American Standard toilet and an I- don't-know-my-wife-bought-it-at-Lowes pedestal sink.
So far they seem to be getting along just fine.

They will never be compatible, and will never get along, fighting in the dark like two cats locked in the garage.
But, as long as you like the way they look, what's the dif?
Steve

You can't even trust "white" made by two different companies to match anymore.
Sometimes you can't even come close in the color match. We have a house in which the stuff in the power room was YELLOW.
The toilet developed a leak. No way in hell is it possible to color match a 20 year old sink but the leaking toilet was replaced with a white model. If and when we get tired of the yellow sink, it will be replaced with a WHITE model.

re: "You can't even trust "white" made by two different companies to match anymore."
Oh, come on, how hard can it be to match whites? White is white, right?
According to this wbesite, "Benjamin Moore...has 140 shades of white in its palette, ranging from the purest white to those with buttery warm undertones and to the coolest blue undertones."
http://www.sideroad.com/Interior_Decorating/decorate-white-walls.html