bathroom paint

guys,

i already painted my bathroom w/ a mildew resistant paint, but i forgot to buy a whote paint for the ceiling, can i use an ordinary ceiling paint for my bathroom? i have ceiling paint leftovers

thanx

Reply to
zackde

You can, but if you have a damp bathroom you will wish you did not. I don't have a problem in my bath, but it is large and well ventilated so dampness is not a problem.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I've never had a problem in my house. If you live in a very humid area or have otherwise poor ventilation your results may differ.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

You could purchase the mildew additive separately. Add it to the standard ceiling paint and go for it...

Reply to
TP

TP is right - you can buy the mildicide separately. You may have to go to a paint store [MAB, Sherwin-Williams] - I don't know if the generic "home centers" carry it.

As others have mentioned, if your bathroom gets humid you'll want a paint with some gloss to it.

Reply to
Hopkins

i think the mildew additive is my best option

thanx

Reply to
zackde