bathroom outlet locations

Greetings; I was wondering if there are any NEC codes on the minimum distance an outlet has to be from the sink or shower. I wanted to add a outlet or two to the bathroom and plan on rewiring. I plan on putting in a new 20 amp line just for the circuits.
Thanx. Tom
Install GFCI's.

Already bought new ones...
Thanx. Tom

On 21 Aug 2003 20:57:10 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Tom K) wrote:

1M (3 Ft) from the tub.
Tom K wrote:

Tom: AIUI Slightly different codes different areas. GFCI type outlets are now mandatory and a sensible idea in many North American jurisdictions. Best to check local codes; also I understand that you can either install two separate/independent GFCI duplex outlets, on the same 20 amp circuit, or are available so that the first GFCI outlet can protect itself and other 'ordinary' duplex outlets 'downstream' of it. Personally don't like AC outlets in bathrooms at all! Even our 'shaver outlet' with its very safe very low power isolating transformer is now illegal here. Good thing is that you can't use it for anything heavier than a shaver etc. that avoids the temptation to plug in a hair dryer or something that 'just might' fall into a bathful of water! Cheers.
Naaaaa.... I never had any desire to blow dry my hair while sitting in the bathtub... :) People do amaze me though...
Anyway, I do have all the electrics ready, but there are certain devices I would want in the bathroom. I wanted to keep the max. distance from the sink while minimizing any kind on spiderweb of electic plugs.
Tom