Bathroom lights off

Got a call from a person from church, I'd met a couple times. She got my number from a common friend.
Lights won't work, both bathrooms. And power sockets won't work either. Been about a month. Single Mom, no money. Finally she asked around. Who do we know, in the church, who might know some about electrical. She got my number, and called.
Several of her friends have looked around, and tried to fix it. None of her friends could fix. She's getting tired of needing a flashlight to take a shower.
One "Attaboy" to the first person who correctly guesses the problem.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

GFCI tripped?

Wall GFI units have reset buttons in my experience.
Otherwise, look for reset options on breakers in the breaker box. Non-GFI ones show orangish red when tripped unless defective - push their levers towards "off" and after that towards "on".
As for GFI breakers in the breaker box - my experience there is very minor, push a lever towards "off" and after that towards "on", and look for a "Reset" button to push.
This will fail if the tripping was caused by a problem that is still in place and capable of causing such tripping. My experience indicates more-likely-not, but there is some chance this becomes a home repair issue more significant than unpopping a popped breaker.
--
- Don Klipstein ( snipped-for-privacy@donklipstein.com)

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The best thing you could have done was tell/teach her how to get a husband.
It is my opinion that (almost) any woman can have (almost) any man she sets her mind to. That she often fails in this quest is merely a function of not knowing how to pull the string. As in:
I keep my pants tied up with a piece of twine, It keeps me ready all the time, So if you're mine, baby, if you're mine, Please pull the twine, please pull the twine.
Men play at love to get sex, women play at sex to get love.

Michael B wrote:

... or a husband.

I met her almost 49 years ago. Never looked at another, well, but we're still here, together ...
Oops, did I say that?
--
Best regards
Han

Depends on the age of the home.
I had experince with a SoCal condo built ~1987.
Both upstairs bathrooms were powered by a GFI on the garage wall.
When a hair dryer blew the GFI, both bathrooms were without power.
Check for a GFI in an unused / unusual location.
cheers Bob
On Jul 25, 12:00am, "Stormin Mormon"

looks like it's already been covered, but I will also guess a GFCI feeding both bathrooms that isn't in either one that has tripped.
nate
On Jul 24, 11:00pm, "Stormin Mormon"

I'm too late for the attaboy but I was gonna guess that it was God's wrath. The woman prolly did something to piss off the deity. She gonna need to join the Catholic Church to fix this problem for good.
I can't believe anyone would think it was something as simple as a tripped GFCI. :)
-C-
Hey, there's a first time for everything.
-C-
On Jul 25, 7:52pm, "Stormin Mormon"

SM, did you at least cop her flashlight?
GFI outlet (tripped) located on porch or in garage or kitchen daisy chained to all "wet" locations.......I had the same problem at my house here in Calif.

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 07:57:22 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

I had the bathroom go out, shortly after we moved into our previous house. Same thing, tripped GFCI in the entrance panel. The problem was that the panel was outside, on the front porch. It gets cold in January in Vermont. Just having stepped out of the shower didn't make it feel any warmer. That one circuit powered all three bathrooms *and* the outside outlets. Morons.