bathroom light with 2 switches-- problem

I have a bathroom flourescent light with 2 different switches (at opposite sides of the room). Recently one switch has been humming and it turned the light on and off inconsiscently. I figured it was that one switch. So I replace the switch. Now that switch works fine but the other switch (which I never touched) won't turn the light on and off. When I do hit that switch there is a quick blink, but that is it. Anybody see what the heck I'm doing wrong?
Sounds like you wired a 3 way switch incorrectly. Was there 3 wires or just 2 on the new switch? The common screw on a 3 way switch is a different color metal, it may not be in the same spot as the old switch.

No, seems like a 2 way switch
My apologies. It looks like it was a "Grounding 3-way Quiet Switch. I guess the answer is to get a regular switch.
Thanks and my apologies.
Steven wrote:

You can use that one, but you need to wire it differently. One wire on each side, you likely have both wires on the same side now.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Actually there were 4 wires. I wired it the same as when I pulled the old switch out.
On top there was a thin white wire that curled around the screw.. There was also a thick white wire, a black wire and a red wire that fit into the slots.