Bathroom leak

We had the masterbathroom remodeled, this included a new toilet, rasing the vanity, putting in a tile walkin shower, and a new tile floor. After they were done and we started using everything we noticed water drops on the dining room table in the dining room on the 1st floor under the masterbathroom. The contractor came back and said that there were some cracks in the grout on the floor of the shower and he would caluk them and let it dry for 2 days and everything would be OK. I am waiting for it to dryAfter the ceiling has become saturated , will it stay up and is there any question of mold? Please give me any input. Thanks BH/IN.

No one can tell, particularly at this distance, whether the ceiling will stay up. If it is truely 'saturated' the fasteners may rust and the gypsum may crumble, the joints may wrinkle, and the paint will probably flake or peel. If any of this looks to be probable, rather than possible, consider drilling a few holes to allow drying, then have the ceiling repaired when the extent of damage is clear. If the ceiling looks really bad - ask the contractor - it could be taken down now to allow drying, avoid sudden collapse, and give access to check for further leaks. T

Tell the contractor to rip out the shower and put in a new pan.