bathroom heater died

I moved into a home built in 1948 15 months ago. It never occurred to me to try and use the bathroom heater since I had central heat. I thought it might be helpful to try since I could take a shower and not have to heat the whole house.

I had my doubts it would work. With fire extinguisher in hand, I turned it on. It smoked, flamed, and I put it out.

The heater was behind a metal bracket inside a special area of the wall that was cut for it. It had two coils that should turn bright orange from heat. It turned on with a "breaker" type switch in front of the device. It hooked into power like you were wiring a power outlet into the wall. From the looks of it, it was put in when the house was built. There is no type of identification on the device.

Hopefully I've described it well enough. Any idea if this is something I can purchase online or at a store?

Thanks

Reply to
Me

Yes. And you'll find they're now smaller and nicer looking.

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

ITs a simple in the wall electric heater, and yes, you can still get them..

Reply to
CBHvac