bathroom floor underlayment

We're in the process of completely renovating our bathroom, and will be putting down ceramic tile.
We will be putting down a backer board (vinyl outside, concrete center) before laying the tiles.
The question is - what do you use to cut that stuff? How can we cut the sewer hole for the toilet the easiest way?
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. We'd like to get this project done by Christmas - the floor is all that's left.
TIA
What product has a vinyl exterior and concrete center?? Durock is concrete with a little fiberglass mesh, Hardibacker is fiber-cement, and Denshield has plastic on one face and a fiberglass mesh on the back. Here's how you can cut each:
1) Denshield - You should be able to cut with a utility knife, but a RotoZip with a drywall bit would work great: 2) Hardibacker or Durock - A tilecut bit in a Rotozip or a masonary blade in a 4" grinder. You'd have to make "plunge cuts" with the grinder. Remember that you don't have to be perfect in cutting this hole.
JK