Bathroom Floor

We are replacing our bathroom vanity with a pedestal sink. Because of this, we are going to tile the floor (which is now linoleum). We are also going to put up beadboard on the walls. Any general tips would be great, but my specific question is: do we just cut tiles for around the toilet? Or do we need to remove it and tile under it?
Thanks, Jodi

Pull it out, cut the tile around the flange, tile and grout, reseat the toilet on the flange and grout or silicon it in place.

Remove the toilet, tile up to the flange, insert a flange extension kit (any hardware or plumbing supply store), replace the wax ring, replace the toilet.
Ken
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:04:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.tnx wrote:

Depending on how much thickness has been added, you may even be able to just get away with a double thickness new wax ring.
Remove stool and tile under. Seamus J. Wilson

this,
we

There's no particular reason why a doubled ring should be a problem, if the rest of the system is working properly. Waste dumps out of the toilet and down the drain pipe under gravity, and THAT part out to work fine with no seal at all. The wax is just to keep sewer gasses from coming up the pipe, and oout from under the toilet.
Pull the toilet. Since you only have vinyl confirm that you have at least 1 1/4" thick subfloor. (recommended minimum for ceramic tile install) If not add another layer of plywood or durarock. Reset toilet flange so new tile will just fit under it.

No biggie, remove it and tile under it.