Bathroom Faucet very slow flow?

I have a bathroom with 2 sinks in it, neither one flows very good but one in particular doesnt flow very much at all. I have only lived in this house for 6 months and would like to fix these faucets. I have turned the shut off valves underneath the sinks but no change at all. Could these just be full of calcium deposts, or are there any other possiblities of the slowness of the water?
Any Ideas what I could try to fix this with or should I contact a plumber.
Thank for any info.
First thing to do is to take off the screens over the end of the faucets, if you have them, and see if they are clean.
My flow was feeble, until I emptied debris out of them.
Try removing the areator to see if it is clogged up. What is the piping, old galvanised could be calcified up needing replacement. If not the areators a plumber would know the fix.

if
This is the single most likely cause.
Since you are a new home owner and not meant to insult you, the screens are inside the areator where the water comes out of the faucet. You should be able to unscrew the areator using no tools. If it won't unscrew by hand use a wash cloth or a quick wrap of tape before you you pliers to prent scratching it.
Complete new ones are only a couple of bucks if you can't clean it out.
Colbyt
thanks for the help that was it.