Bathroom faucet handles loose

Page 2 of 2

Deliberately buggering up the threads on screws that fasten a faucet handle sounds like a bad idea to me.
take a digital camera photo, and upload it here:
http://imgur.com/
no registration, no email needed, nothing
all you do is upload off your computer [love this site]
marc
On Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:50:27 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Also concerned about privacy (sob!).

I did, and it went through, but I would still appreciate your input re: registration.
TIA
HB

Higgs Boson wrote:

I use http://tinypic.comand it works well -- no registration.
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 11:27:03 AM UTC-7, TomR wrote:

Tinypic looks like it "may" be ok, also
haven't tried it
marc
On Monday, June 17, 2013 4:57:25 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:

i've tried Imgur a few times, with no problems
[never asked for registration]
marc
' snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net[_2_ Wrote: > ;3078707']

Sure, at the first glance it does look like you're causing damage.
But, how often do you need to remove that screw? Once ever 10 years to replace the washer?
If you can get 10 years of service out of that faucet without having the handles loosen up before you have to pay another 12 cents for two more brass screws to last another 10 years, that's not an idea I would dismiss out of hand.
And, both the screws and the spindles can be replaced for a few dollars, so it's not like you can't get back to the original situation if you wanted to.
--
nestork

It not only looks like you're causing damage, you are.

How about if you bugger it up and you don't get it together to begin with? It only takes once for it to be a problem.

Assuming said spindle is still available 10 years later..... Even then, good luck with finding it and it only costing a few dollars. Loctite on the other hand only costs a few dollars and is readily available.