Bathroom faucet handles loose

take a digital camera photo, and upload it here:

no registration, no email needed, nothing

all you do is upload off your computer [love this site]

marc

Reply to
21blackswan

I wonder if some sort of hot-melt glue would work? If the handles are all metal, they could be heated up and hot-melt applied to the inside and a small butane torch could be used to carefully heat them for removal. I've used several types of hot-melt glue in the past and I seem to remember some that worked well on metal. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sure, at the first glance it does look like you're causing damage.

But, how often do you need to remove that screw? Once ever 10 years to replace the washer?

If you can get 10 years of service out of that faucet without having the handles loosen up before you have to pay another 12 cents for two more brass screws to last another 10 years, that's not an idea I would dismiss out of hand.

And, both the screws and the spindles can be replaced for a few dollars, so it's not like you can't get back to the original situation if you wanted to.

Reply to
nestork

It not only looks like you're causing damage, you are.

How about if you bugger it up and you don't get it together to begin with? It only takes once for it to be a problem.

Assuming said spindle is still available 10 years later..... Even then, good luck with finding it and it only costing a few dollars. Loctite on the other hand only costs a few dollars and is readily available.

Reply to
trader4

Seems kinda glitzy & pop with all those weird pix jumping out at you.

Also concerned about privacy (sob!).

I did, and it went through, but I would still appreciate your input re: registration.

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

I use

and it works well -- no registration.

Reply to
TomR

Tinypic looks like it "may" be ok, also

haven't tried it

marc

Reply to
21blackswan

i've tried Imgur a few times, with no problems

[never asked for registration]

marc

Reply to
21blackswan