Bathroom faucet

Have have a leaky faucet. I don't know what brand. It came with the house. It is the ball single handle. I have been able to remove everything down to the white whatumacallit with the piece sticking up on the back side and the flat on the left side. I can't seem to get this off. HEEELLLLLPPPP. How does it come off? I'm almost positive that I need to replace the inner core piece that lies under this white thing..
I'm not a plumber, but the first question everyone is going to ask is "have you bought (or can you get) a rebuilt kit that includes a new ' white thing' and the piece under it"?
Candace wrote:

Candace wrote:

C'mon now, you cant' expect much of a reply to a question with so few facts. If you post a pic you will get more replies.
Lawrence wrote:

Also, if it's a cheap faucet, and/or old, you're better off replacing the whole faucet instead of trying to salvage it.
Candace wrote:

Take the parts and if possible a photo of what is left to a good hardware store or a plumbing outlet. They may have a repair kit available with instructions or they may be able to sell you a new faucet to replace the cheap one you may have. Most new homes come with really really cheap faucets and are not worth repairing IMO.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Screw the handle back on the shaft you unscrewed it from and that will give you a handle to put things out with.
Although that's not what I have done. I just pry with a little screew driver, first on one side, then on another, until it lifts out. But I can imagine that one might be very hard to get out.
Actually you might not have had to take all this apart. If you can unscrew the big half-sphere without taking off the handle, you can pull the ball and everything on top of it out in one motion. Then you can replace the seats. It's much less common that one has to replace the ball.
Thank you all. I think I'm just going to remove the entire thing and get a new one. Thanks all! Candace