Bathroom fans

Nutone, Broan or Panasonic bath fans seem to be what's available locally. Looking for a very, very quiet fan.

Any recommendations?

Any other brands to consider?

Thanks.

Reply to
franz frippl

Fantech

Reply to
RBM

I was visiting this very topic a while back, the consensus seemed to be Panasonic or Fantech. I haven't bought anything yet because I still need to pull wiring and get SWMBO's consensus on planning.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The very quiet ones are the ones that have the actual fan located away from the vent. The may be a little more difficult to install and do cost considerably more, but they are very quiet and efficient.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Fantech makes ones like that. I am using one on an addition that I am doing on my house. I think it was $165 with the fan (remote) and a housing that has a grill with a light.

You really can't even hear it run.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

I bought a Panasonic bath fan and it is EXTREMELY quiet! But then what else would you expect from the fine brand of Panasonic. Got mine online for 75$. I forget the site, but look around online. When you figure out the size you need you can google it, get the model, google the model number and find some real bargains!

Reply to
bigjcw1023

For the life of me, I can't understand why anybody would consider that a desirable feature. Personally, I believe every bathroom should come equipped with a fan with a bad bearing.

When you have to use a friend's bathroom, do you want your friends to hear every little squeak that comes out of there?

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thanks for the tip about Panasonic. I have been leaning toward this brand. Looked at Fantech with their remote fan. If only I could use it, however. I have a small building without an attic or crawlspace to install it. Will pursue the Panasonic. Thanks, again.

Reply to
franz frippl

Hi,

We have Panasonic and we like them very much. Avoid like the plague NuTone. Just listen to one at Home Depot it sounds like JFK 260 East.

Best, Mike.

Reply to
hobbes

I know what you mean. I'm leaning toward Panasonic WhisperGreen series.

Reply to
franz frippl

There are a lot of what I call "fart maskers". The unit looks like an exhaust fan but all it does is pull air in and blow it out through a deodorizer pad. I see them all the time.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster

I suspect they all offer different levels of sound and CFM ratings. I bought the Nutone from HD and it is very quiet while having a 120 CFM rating. One thing I like about Nutone is that you can get parts for them real easy. In my last house I replaced the guts of the 25 Year old Nutone bathroom fans very easily with a new motor/fan assembly.

Reply to
TH

To quiet doesn't do the job as moving air requires noise most people don't get a big enough fan cfm to do the job right, Don't worry to much about noise you don't live in this room, and you won't hear it while you are in the shower.

Reply to
jim

You were probably listening to the cheap one. They offer very quiet ones for a little more money. You can pay $20 or $120 for a fan. Quiet and more CFMs cost more. The one I bought is very quite ($120) Noise is measure in sones, with the lower the better.

Reply to
TH

Wrong. There are nosiy fans that move low CFM and quiet ones that move twice as much air. The manufacturers all have websites with complete specs on CFM and noise ratings in SONES.

Reply to
trader4

hear every

My Panasonic is 75cfm and 0.2 sones. Works great beat that!!!!

Reply to
bigjcw1023