Bathroom Extractor Fan: Who?

I want to replace the light in the walk-in shower with a light/extactor fan (assuming such things exist.)
Venting will need to run about 5 feet in the attic to an outside wall.
Outside vinyl and whatever is below it will need to have a hole cut into the attic.
Is this a job for an electrician, a plumber or an HVAC contractor? Seesm to me there are elements of all three trades.

No water hookup, not a plumber No furnace or A/C, not a HVAC guy
Best to use flex metal vent pipe instead of vinyl.
Permit usually required, shame for one fixture, permit usually covers a group of new fixtures. Do you need any other recessed lighting at the same time?
Fan/light housing must be rated for wet locations.
... and if it's in the U.S. the NEC requires GFCI protection in that location

Seemed to me like an electrician, but I'm was a little concerned about the effort of cutting through the vinyl siding and and underlying wall board or whatever.
The eisting light is on a GFI circuit, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks.

Electricians must cut thru all sorts of walls to do their job, installing outlets and main service

Electrician.
Ken
Saml wrote:

It is electrical and HVAC. The electrician would supply the exhaust fan/lite and install it. The H-Venting-AC guy would do the vents. Most HVAC guys don't do well with exterior penetrations, but you may find one that is perfectly capable of doing a nice job. If you have vinyl soffits or siding, then you would need a siding installer to be really complete according to the best standards and practices.
If it were me, I would do the whole thing myself. But then, I know enough about all the trades to do that. This is one of those jobs that you may want to get a GOOD handyman as it is right up their alley and would cost a good deal less than going the other route.
It is not a major job for someone who knows what he is doing. A company like Fox Service Company or ARS Service Express could handle this job easily. (Both of these companies are here in my area. I don't know where you are, but they may be in your area also.
http://www.ars.com/ars/index.dsp
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Robert Allison wrote:

You could also vent it out through the roof, if that works better. I'd prefer doing it under a soffit, if that's possible. As for who to get to do it, if you are starting from scratch, I'd go with an electrician, since that is a key part of the job and most electricians could handle the rest of it as well.
look at various types of equipment offered, if your attic is below freezing in winter there are insulation needs as well. although more expensive, there are some incredibly quiet fans and remote attic inline fans available for your task. some fans to see at: http://www.energyfederation.org/consumer/default.php/cPath/30