Bathroom exhaust fan Q

Is it normal to have some air coming in from the fan into the bathroom. I have a screen at the end of the exhaust pipe and there is a flapper damper at the fan itself, factory installed. I cant really use a sophet vent because it restricts the air flow and causes a whistling sound when running. There was still air coming in that way too, but not as much. Had to be windier. Thanks!
On Oct 10, 11:43 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I think I can assume this condition is when not running. ; ) Cooler air will give you a draft (heavier air).
On Oct 11, 5:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did you put in a s curve in the flex line or whatever you used to duct as this will cut backdraft alot

Yes, but it will also decrease the desirable air flow even more.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

I believe you will find that most fans do have some back draft. The good ones have less. The installation and the air pressure inside the home will also make a difference. Your home needs some air exchange. For example when your fan is on, air has to be coming in from somewhere to replace it.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
On Oct 11, 12:43 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It's not unusual, unfortunately. A couple of reasons. The spring loaded damper at the outlet is a cheap piece and loses its seal. The vent pipe is also a thermal short circuit to the outside air. They're usually run through unheated spaces and consequently the air inside loses its heat and the cold air looks for a lower spot to go lie down. Namely, your bathroom.