Bathroom exhaust fan dripping

It's cold in the mornings in the area that I live and I haven't house heat yet. I've noticed lately when I shower that the exhaust fan above the shower starts dripping. Is this because the fan is sucking up the steam and it's condensing on the fan grate then dripping down? I've been in the attic and there is no air flow restriction in the duct. I've had the fan in for several years and I've never noticed this before.

Reply to
Mel

That will do it. Is there a damper or louver on the exhaust? Be sure it is closing as that will help keep cold air from getting to the fan as it sits overnight.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Mel.. Wrap the duct with 3 to 4 inches of fiber glass insulation. This keeps the duct from being too cold. This solved it for me. Warren

Reply to
Warren Weber

It's got the CLAP!

Reply to