Bathroom drain pipe bangs

Since the roof was replaced it seems the old iron drain pipe in the second floor bath bangs once in the morning. I tried snaking the pipe, which seems to help about a day or two. Is this a clog or is it something worse. I don't like the idea of movement. What are you thoughts, experience?

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

I am guessing it is an expansion issue as it warms up in the morning. Since you have related it to a new roof, my guess is it is a clamp or some sort of hanger issue at the roof or in the attic area. I doubt if it is anything inside the pipe.

Once you find the problem, adding some sort of shim or tightening or loosening a clamp will likely take care of it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The new roof may also be touching the stack pipe or its the flashing , when sun hits the roof it expands.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John