bathroom countertop

We're redoing the bathroom and will probably install new countertop. We are leaning towards granite, but haven't made any decisions.
Countertop is 8 ft long, about 2.5 ft wide. Currently have marble with 2 sinks as part of the countertop. It is about 35 years old.
There seems to be a multitude of countertop material. Which material is best to use for the bathroom? I will probably have someone do the install.
Thanks
trailer wrote:

This will keep you busy for a while but I would google for some reviews. Define "best" Pretty? Durable? Safe? Less expensive? Help resale of house? easy to clean?
Lou

You have a wide choice, all with pros and cons for bathrooom use:
Sheet Stainless Steel Laminate Quartz in resin Glass chips in resin Cultured marble Marble Corion and other solid surfaces Concrete Concrete with chips of various substances in it Granite Slate Glass
I am sure that I missed a few. No one can tell you what is best for your use, do a few hours of on-line research to learn about them all.
I am remodeling a bathroom. We went through various ideas and finally settled on something we would have never considered when starting. We chose a coloured glass countertop with a moulded sink in it. It was perfect for our use. It provided maximum countertop surface and no seams nor joints and simple and easy to keep clean. Other choices could have provided similar features but this fit into our needs.

Solid gold is nice. Tis a shame you do not like the marble as it is a classic bathroom choice. Look for experienced installers. To each his own, but I might select white oak for a bathroom countertop.
On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 15:36:07 -0500, against all advice, something

Main Entry: incipient
Function: adjective
: beginning to come into being or to become apparent <an incipient solar system> <evidence of incipient racial tension> incipiently adverb
--

Don\'t worry about people stealing an idea. If it\'s original, you will
have to ram it down their throats.