bathroom cleaning question

Hi, I have a relatively question regarding bathroom cleaning. I hope some of you can help me out.
What should I use to get rid of or neutralize 'bad' smell on tile grouts around the toilet area? The bathroom has medium sized ceramic tiles.
I know the stuff I use to clean the toilet bowl will do, but I want to know if there's something less 'strong' as it says it is ONLY to be used for toilet bowl and hard non porous surface. I've used PINE cleaner but the smell comes back.
Thanks a lot.
Raymond
Raymond:

You won't have the problem if you sit to pee.
--
[] Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion
[] of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished.

The odor is probably coming from the space between the toilet base and the tile. Properly sealed tile grout shouldn't act like a sponge.
snipped-for-privacy@nonewhere.com wrote:

If the area is cleaned with normal cleaners (only use the bowl cleaner in the bowl) it will not smell.
My guess is the wax ring is going bad. That means sewer gas is coming out under the toilet. IF that is true, you need to remove the toilet, make sure that is the only problem and replace the wax ring. If that is the only problem, it is an easy fix. If no, then it can get a little more complex. If the whole thing scares you, call in the plumber.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
snipped-for-privacy@nonewhere.com wrote in message

I like Soft Scrub with Bleach (I have white grout), but I've never really had an odor issue. Baking soda mixed with salt, turned into a paste and allowed to sit for a while would probably work.
-- Jennifer

Thank you all. I'll try it.
Raymond
<< What should I use to get rid of or neutralize 'bad' smell on tile grouts around the toilet area? >>
Stop by a janitorial supply house for products that work. The professionals have the best possible products for dealing with misaimed public piddles. Should this appraoch fail, you have a different problem, so follow the advice of the other posts in this thread. Good luck.
Joe