Bathroom being gutted and redone with new tile, shower etc.. should I use epoxy grout?

Hi, I will have my bathroom totally gutted out... Old tile mud job will be gutted... Is it necessary to use epoxy grout in the shower??? Thanks KOS

No. The only time epoxy grout is absolutely required is when using certain natural stone tile. Some tile, notably Chinese green marble, absorbs water from the thinset and/or grout, and will curl.
Use standard latex/polymer modified grout.
KOS wrote:

No. I got excellent results from Prism grout.
Jon
On Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:16:16 -0800 (PST), KOS

clean. Tile guys don't like it because it is hard to install but they are not the one cleaning it.

*It was more expensive and more work to install than other grouts when I redid my master bath. However, epoxy grout never needs sealing and is very durable. I would do it again. I know one tile guy that refuses to use it because it is more work.
On 1/10/2011 12:16 PM, KOS wrote:

the upper cabinets. It was really hard to do, but doable. I divided each of the 2 parts into 4, by weight and did 1/4 at a time. It did do well for wear. I don't think I removed enough material when cleaning up the curing grout. Those higher spots, scuffed from things like tin cans, etc. and would never come clean. This happened in the 1st area that was done. I learned how much to remove as I went on. I should have started in an inconspicuous place. BTW, the new owners of the house said they were going to remove the tile and put down plastic laminate .... yuck!
If you go with epoxy make sure the installer knows what he is doing. Any grout left on the surface of the tile will be nearly impossible to remove and it will be rough and catch soil.
Over 15 years ago, I used pure white silicone with a tile that matched. Incredibly easy, and still in very excellent condition, no concerns about mold, mildew, or staining. With the tiles snugged up against each other. Grout is the weak link in a shower wall tile job. Not for me. No grout. I gave details a few years ago.