Bathfitter?

has anyone heard bad/good things about bathfitter? we have one shower, so i can't do a total redo of my bathroom. anyone heard good or bad?

Reply to
SeaKan

I heard one bad comment in Trenton, NY and a good comment in Alexandria, LA but it really depends on who owns the franchise near you.

Bill

Reply to
Berkshire Bill

I hired them to do a bathtub refit for an elderly friend of mine. They worked quickly and neatly which was all we were really concerned about. The finished product works fine and looks fine for a plastic tub and enclosure. If we had the time, clearly a new cast iron tub and ceramic tile would have been a better choice and I doubt would have cost any more.

Reply to
RBM

i haven't done the specs yet, but I doubt it would cost less or comparable to do tile work instead of bathfitter. that is the point to do bathfitter,....to save cash.

Reply to
SeaKan

Reply to
SathurianMews

On Tue 29 Nov 2005 10:31:31p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it SathurianMews?

I thought the point was to have the work done very quickly and with a minimum of disruption and mess.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

They cost about $3000.00. I can install a new (piece Sterling) unit with new plumb and faucets for that but I can't complete it in a day. So I would say they cost more but the advantage is the time savings.

Reply to
calhoun

I would not use them. I would rather do it right (i.e.- fix the problem instead of covering it up).

Reply to
scott21230