Bath tub diverter

The diverter in the bath tub spout, pull up rod, is becoming very stiff to operate. System has been installed nearly 20 years.
Obviously one fix would be to remove and replace the entire spout assembly. Might there be other options?
Jim wrote:

As far as I know it is best to replace it. I have tried to repair them by cleaning etc, but it has never lasted. This is one reason when I will be glad when I finally get my tube replaced with a walk in shower. Soon I hope.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

you can get a new one for less than $20 USD from Lowes. Either universal spout or the specific type you already have.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik