Bath spigot constantly runs

I need some assistance in repair of my tub spigot that continues to run when i utilise the shower. Any clues?
Thanks!
i would buy a new one.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm assuming that you have the pull up lever on the spigot? If so, you need a new one. When you pull it up you're basically closing off the spigot completely. A bad one won't close it off thus it leaks.

run
If you don't have the pull up lever on the spigot, it gets more difficult. If you have the 3 handle type, take a look at this pdf exploded parts diagram for a Central.
http://www.centralbrass.com/documents/PartBreakDown/B0950.pdf
With the same problem as you, I found the Celcon washer (#11) was crushed from over tightening.
is a twist style
Joey wrote:

On 16 Sep 2006 17:00:54 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Divorce the bitch
Dissemble. Diagnose. Replace defective part. reassemble. test.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Its prob. a rubber O ring that's worn out due to the high level of mercury, DDT and Fluoride dumped by large coroporations that find it easier to sell the public on the benefits of ingesting the by product of aluminum production than paying to have it disposed.