Bath spigot constantly runs

I need some assistance in repair of my tub spigot that continues to run when i utilise the shower. Any clues?

Thanks!

Reply to
Sanpaku69

i would buy a new one.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
marson

I'm assuming that you have the pull up lever on the spigot? If so, you need a new one. When you pull it up you're basically closing off the spigot completely. A bad one won't close it off thus it leaks.

Joey

Joey wrote in news:12gp6htbmg2ne24 @corp.supernews.com:

If you don't have the pull up lever on the spigot, it gets more difficult. If you have the 3 handle type, take a look at this pdf exploded parts diagram for a Central.

With the same problem as you, I found the Celcon washer (#11) was crushed from over tightening.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Divorce the bitch

Reply to
.

is a twist style

Joey wrote:

Reply to
Sanpaku69

Dissemble. Diagnose. Replace defective part. reassemble. test.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Its prob. a rubber O ring that's worn out due to the high level of mercury, DDT and Fluoride dumped by large coroporations that find it easier to sell the public on the benefits of ingesting the by product of aluminum production than paying to have it disposed.

Reply to
sonofabitchsky