Bath room Fan Vents

After replacing the exhaust fan in the main bath and venting it to the eve where there is a fresh air vent to ventlate the attic, I have been looking at other houses, and have seen very few that vent out the roof thru a special vent, I wonder if those without a roof vent are venting directly into the attic.
I intend to install a roof vent when I re-shingle the roof this summer, I am concerned about the roof vent being blocked when it snows.Sometimes there is as now 10 inches of snow on the roof. I have alot of insulation in the attic and the snow remains on the roof along time due to the insulation.
Tom
On 1/15/2005 1:10 PM US(ET), twfsa took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

Can you see the back sides of the roofs. When possible, they should be installed where they are unobtrusive.

--
Bill

twfsa wrote:

Don't worry about the snow. It melts or gets blown away rather quickly when the fan kicks in.
Maybe you did not see the vents or maybe they just don't have any. A lot of builders don't do things right. Don't let that make you think what is right is wrong. Have it done right when you re-roof.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math