Bath fitter or new fiberglas spray for stall shower?

I want to change my fiberglas stall shower from almond to white, to match my new bathroom remodel. The unit is old, but in excellent shape, with no chips, etc., and it is perfectly balanced and feels very solid when standing in it. I have the option of either having a new white fiberglas coating sprayed on it (professionally), or using a coverup, like bath fitter.

Has anyone done either one? Any recommendations or cautions? I haven't checked prices yet, I'm more concerned with a quality job and the best solution for the situation than in how much it will cost.

Thanks!

Reply to
<h>

I didn&#39;t know &#39;fiberglas&#39; was a coating. Maybe what you are being pitched is really a coating for fiberglass. In any event, catalyzed resin and epoxy coatings can be very effective in bath refinishing. Where there has been silicone sealant applied, however, there is a high risk of the system having an adhesion failure. If your installation is silicone free, then the job can be very cost effective. Choose a contractor with the usual benchmarks: years in business, references, warranty, etc. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe