Bath fan timer switch

I replaced the fan in the bath, its quiet and sometimes I forget to shut it off.I like to let it run a bit after the shower.
Anyone install a timer switch?
I have a dual electric wall switch box, one is the light, the other the fan.
thanks
tom
twfsa wrote:

Yep. I've had one for years on my bath fan, and it works fine. Allows me to get the humidity out of the bathroom, without worrying about the fan running all day, pulling the heat out of the house.
I'm using a mechanical 60 minute timer, made by Intermatic, and it came from a home improvement store.
Bob.
Intermatic makes a series of mechanical timers: 0 to five min, 0 to thirty min,etc. Just two wires, same as on the current switch. The only issue you may have is the two gang switch plate. The timer comes with a single gang plate with the markings on it,which you won't be able to use. I think they may make an optional two gang plate but I'm not sure, they probably have a website

Yes, they work great and save energy.
I recommend the electronic model over the mechanical turn-the-crank model, if you can afford a few extra bucks.
I installed a Leviton Decora Style timer with 10 20 30 60 pushbuttons in the bathroom. A small LED flashes just before the fan shuts off. As I recall, it was just two wires and was a direct replacement for the switch.
Beachcomber

I was thinking of installing one of those timers for an exterior light. Would like to turn it off as I head out the door and have it shut off a few minutes later.
However, I haven't been able to tell if that timer has a manual override that lets you turn the switch on full time till you turn it off?
Anthony

Yes, sold at Home Depot under the name "Broan" in the bath fan asile. Turn right to dial time limit, or left to simply leave on.
Probably not made by broan, but by hubbell or levitton and re-packaged by broan.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
I have a push button electronic timer that has 5 - 10 - 15 - 30 minute settings (alt least I think those are the times) and an on setting as well as an off setting. It works fine and I have been happy with it; Leviton I believe.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Energy Federation Incorporated (EFI) sells a fan delay timer switch for less that $40.00. You use one switch to control the fan and light. When you shut it off the light goes out immediately and the fan remains on from one to 60 minutes (You make the setting). It is a nice device.
For info check out http://www.energyfederation.org/consumer/default.php/cPath/39_766_134 Part number 5010.037
For all of their products check out www.efi.org