basin wrench won't fit, can't remove plastic nuts

I'm trying to change my faucet in the kitchen and I just noticed that the two nuts holding my faucet to the basin are plastic twist nuts and I cannot budge them with my hand and cannot fit the basin wrench around the nut without hitting the basin. It's a plastic nut with 2 wings. Is there any way to get this thing off outside of taking my dremel tool to it?

Reply to
Joe

Don & Lucille

te in message

I have the Ridgid tool, but I have had that not work too. I have used my torch in a pinch, on a stainless sink with a fire extinguisher handy. If you can reach it with your dremel, give it a shot.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

rote in message

Just tap the lips with your screwdriver or dremel it off as you can always replace also try needle nose pliers handle ends .

Reply to
jim

.

Don't use a torch as it could discoler the stainless steel

Reply to
jim

actually it unscrewed the opposite direction. I was going lefty loosey when it unscrewed right. Never really encountered that before. Is that some kind of plumber trick to get diy'ers to give up?

Reply to
Joe

om...

No. That is really unusual. Are you sure it wasn't your perspective? What brand is the faucet?

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

That is completely unheard of.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

re: That is completely unheard of.

No it's not...I heard it right here, a couple of posts up. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Price Pfister. I don't believe it was my perspective, I was looking up at it and going lefty loosey forever until I just started trying to tighten it for some reason and it started loosening. When in installed the new faucet I turned it right to tighten it.

Reply to
Joe