basic wireing

I am installing a whirlpool tub and am running a new circuit for the pump. I am installing a metal electrical box inside the tub surround and hooking up a GFI receptacle.Do I hook the ground wire to the receptacle (it has a screw for ground) or do I attach the ground to the electrical box and then to the receptacle?
Thanks
Add pictures here
✖

You connect the ground conductor to the box and then to the receptacle. Since you're using a metal box, you need to bond the box to the motor and any metal water pipes near or associated with the tub, as well as any other support equipment that came bonded together, using a #8 solid conductor
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 9, 10:08 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If you mount a GFCI receptacle inside the tub surround, how are you going to access it for testing and reseting in necessary? Other then that I agree with RBM.
Add pictures here
✖

If you mount a GFCI receptacle inside the tub surround, how are you going to access it for testing and reseting in necessary? Other then that I agree with RBM.
Many new tubs come with very short cord and plugs on them, so you install the outlet next to the plug, accessible through the access hatch
Add pictures here
✖

I guess that makes sense. Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

I guess that makes sense. Thanks.
You can do it another way, like John Grabowski suggested on a previous, similar post. Install a standard outlet under the tub, protected by a faceless GFCI, installed in a more accessible location
Add pictures here
✖