Basic Return Air Heating Question

I work in a large sized office room and I have a question. During the heating season, usually, it gets hotter than hell in here, but on days when it does feel comfortable to me, everyone else is cold. The Room is roughly 100 feet by 50 feet. Everywhere else in the room has better "air flow" with the outside surroundings, so I don't think that people get as hot as I do. There are six ceiling vents that the heat comes from. I am located in the only corner where there is no exits. The vent above me is off, but it still gets way too damned hot, the other vents are on. There are two return air vents, one is by me and one is in the other corner of the room. If I block my return air vent will it help me out by cooling my area down? It seems like the heat from every else just gets sucked to my area and will not let up! Is this ok to try or could it cause a major problem? Thanks.

Reply to
No One

[...]

Bennett Price

And, unless you're the owner/partner, be prepared to be bitched at when they see it. Use it to make a point. Thermometer readings are always good evidence, as is aking the boss to stop by when it's hottest there and cooler elsewhere.

Pop

Reply to
Pop

Blocking air returns and vents is usually a poor idea.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
No One

Can you swap desks with one of the lizards?

Reply to
Abe

Talk to the boss, and see if he will pop for a "rebalancing" of the system.

My former company did this, and the heating company came out, and measured the air flow from all the vents, and made appropriate (and requested) changes from the various office occupants.

In a big system, like a multi story building, each vent will have a damper in the ductwork, that will control things. I've no idea what the cost was, but it helped the office environment to no end.

Reply to
John Hines

Sounds like you need to lose some weight.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives