basic - I mean basic washing machine repair

Hi - my daughter's washing machine - I can get the exact details later, is bust - the door lock doesn't work. I unscrewed the two securing screws (which I don't think I should have done) and the retaining latch now is not there.

This seems to be a very basic repair? We are both really doh at DIY. I guess we can do this repair however but need to know - well need to know what to do.

Is there any help available please

Many thanks in advance

Stevie

Reply to
stevie

We'd like to help-- but you need to give us more info.

Top loader, front loader? When you say it doesn't work, what exactly do you mean? What happens/doesn't happen under what conditions?

Reply to
Special Ed

I would imagine that you have a Whirlpool or Kenmore, and you removed the two screws to the right side of the tub opening that held the lid switch to the cabinet. If this is the case, and if the switch itself is still in one piece, then putting it back would be a simple matter. But I am guessing from the description of your problem that the switch iself is broken, and if you buy another one and find some instructions on the internet to install it, your problem should be solved.

Reply to
nospamtodd