basement window well wall

i am in a rental property and the landlord is not responding well enought. every rain, i get flooding from the basement well. i wnat to build a wall as a temporary relief. how can i do it at least cost.

17 hours ago - 3 days left to answer.

the water flows in from the top of the well from the ground level as the ground is at lower level from its surroundings. that is why i want to build a cheap well

Reply to
Dickery1

Get one of those plastic things that will cover the window well, no rain will fall in

if your saying the ground is sloped towards the well, no wall will work, you need to change the grade. Add dirt and seed grass around the well.

Reply to
Zephyr

how about a wall which is higher than grade and dirt and seed grass

Reply to
Dickery1

Do you need to perhaps need to clean the rain gutters? I had a ranch house years ago and water running in the basement windows was the first hint. It took a couple of times to catch on, but after that I was Mr clean on the gutters.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Its a rental, you have rights if lanlord negligence is causing you harm, even if a light switch doesnt work. You should get paid for your time and material. Let him know that so he fixes it now.

Reply to
ransley