Basement water proofing

Has anyone used this product?
http://www.sanitred.com/BasementWaterproofing.htm
Sounds too good to be true, any comments, good or bad?
John
Add pictures here
✖

It is too good to be true.
They don't show what happens when the water table rises after you put that sealer on the floors and walls.
A coat of sealer won't hold back the water for long.
The correct procedure is to break the concrete floor all around the perimeter, dig a trench, install piping, cover with concrete, leaving a slit, install sump pump, create drainage holes for the walls so the walls stay dry.
There are a lot of specialty basement waterproofing companies.
I had it done over 30 years ago. Still dry.
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 3, 9:40 pm, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

Water getting into a basement is not always the result of a rising water table. The water table can be well below the basement floor and water can still make it's way in. But I agree that if he has a water table problem, this product sure isn't going to cure it.

Agree that he should have all that except drainage holes in the walls. Around here we put a membrane outside the walls during construction specifically to make them water tight.

Add pictures here
✖
On 9/3/2011 9:40 PM, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

The PREFERRED procedure is to have the drain system outside the well-sealed wall when the basement is built. Those interior drains are a second-best solution when an outside retrofit is not practical.
--
aem sends....

Add pictures here
✖

I agree outside drainage done right is the way to go but pretty hard to do with an existing home.
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 3, 10:40 pm, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote:

its near impossible to seal a basement from water. basements are NOT a bathtub......
interior french drain is the only way to go on a existing home........
espically if the water table is high under your home
Add pictures here
✖