Basement water proofing

Has anyone used this product?

Sounds too good to be true, any comments, good or bad?

John

Reply to
John

It is too good to be true.

They don't show what happens when the water table rises after you put that sealer on the floors and walls.

A coat of sealer won't hold back the water for long.

The correct procedure is to break the concrete floor all around the perimeter, dig a trench, install piping, cover with concrete, leaving a slit, install sump pump, create drainage holes for the walls so the walls stay dry.

There are a lot of specialty basement waterproofing companies.

I had it done over 30 years ago. Still dry.

Reply to
despen

Water getting into a basement is not always the result of a rising water table. The water table can be well below the basement floor and water can still make it's way in. But I agree that if he has a water table problem, this product sure isn't going to cure it.

Agree that he should have all that except drainage holes in the walls. Around here we put a membrane outside the walls during construction specifically to make them water tight.

Reply to
trader4

The PREFERRED procedure is to have the drain system outside the well-sealed wall when the basement is built. Those interior drains are a second-best solution when an outside retrofit is not practical.

Reply to
aemeijers

I agree outside drainage done right is the way to go but pretty hard to do with an existing home.

Reply to
despen

its near impossible to seal a basement from water. basements are NOT a bathtub......

interior french drain is the only way to go on a existing home........

espically if the water table is high under your home

Reply to
bob haller