Basement Watchdog battery backup sump Question

Had a Basement Watchdog installed today, along with a brand new Rigid Sump Pump.
Had a question on the Basement Watchdog......
How long does the initial battery charge take? Or when you add the water to the acid, is the battery fully charged at that point? I never used oneof these today. It was installed this morning, and the only light on the control panel is the green "System Operating" light, so I am assumong all is okay. Does it show when the battery is charging?
Thanks, Sorry for the dumb question.
Chris

Do you have City Water, City Power!! if so you got suckered

There are pumps, water pumps, by several manufacturers that pump forever, and more efficintly if you have city water, . www.Basepump.com and www.Zoeller.com Battery pumps are honestly a joke in output
Chris (SilverUnicorn) wrote:

I put mine in a couple of years ago thus I don't really remember how long it took to fully charge. I do know that the "hours of continuous pumping" will not be accurate until after a "full test" has been completed. I also know that this test takes 6 to 8 hours but check your manual for instructions about running the "full test". The "System Operating" light should ALWAYS be blinking if the system is operating correctly. Again, check your manual because yours might be a bit different than mine.
In my opinion these are the best damn things ever invented. Before purchasing mine I researched the water operated systems but there is just something about pumping water with water than didn't sound right to me. :-)
Anyway, mine has already saved our fully finished basement twice, once during a two day power outage and another time when the regular sump pump want bad.
If you have any questions, my e-mail is valid.
Don
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:42:16 -0700 (PDT), "Chris (SilverUnicorn)"

The battery is fully charged after you add the acid.
As for an indicator, it depends on which model you have. The largest one has a battery charging indicator. Not sure about the others. They all have an alarm if battery gets low though.
HTH,
Paul F.

Thank you for all the replies.
We have well water, not city water. We did not get suckered, but thanks for the concern :)
This is the model of backup we got:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/2379097028_8f9b75d367_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2284/2379098200_df0d3ecdac_b.jpg
I did see there was a "charging" light but was not sure if it should have been on or not.
Seems like all is fine, but I will read the manual this evening.
Oh, the reason we got this........
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/2367122799_6047cd596e_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/2362777792_4a4a787b27_b.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2240/2367123627_72d80c5c36_b.jpg