Basement vents and dehumdiifier

We have brick home with walk in unfinished basement used for storage. You can see from the cement floor area out over the rest on the crawspace which is dirt with some vapor barrier. The storage area has ben very damp and growing mildew. I have put in a 45 pint per hour dehumidifier which sems to help. Should I also close off the vents too or do I still need the ventilation? Seems like I am dehumifiying the outside air too.