basement stairs riser question

As part of the basement fixup, I am replacing the stairs. Currently, 2x stock nailed to three stringers. The walls are on both sides of the staircase. I am going to replace the 2x treads with oak treads. To maintain the current riser height, I am putting down 3/4 plywood. . Before I install the oak treads, do I put the riser on first butting to the plywood, then the oak tread -or- does the tread go down first, then the riser goes on top of the tread? . Thank you for your time.
JohnnyC wrote:

Either is ok. I normally do risers, then treads. Then the tread rests on the riser and can be trimmed as needed easily and the treads cover the lower nailing locations of the riser minimizing them.