Basement spiders

Page 2 of 2

Those teensy flies aren't called "noseeums" for nothing! I'm sure the spiders are eating something you're just not able to see. After all, the spiders got in to build nests, so there's some way for outside things to get it. The webs I find are near lights (more accurately underneath them) and near doors, windows, or anyplace where there's a slight airflow. As someone else noted, the lack of natural predators also means that a spider's whole egg output might survive, leading plenty of offspring to set up shop in areas that won't produce any food. I found little dead spiders in the basement inside of RX bottles I had on the bench top. Apparently starved to death waiting for a meal that never came.
-- Bobby G.

re: "I found little dead spiders in the basement inside of RX bottles I had on the bench top. Apparently starved to death waiting for a meal that never came."
..or OD'ed