Basement Shower drain re-do

My current basement stand alone shower was starting to rust out pretty good, and since Im repainting everything down there, I thought Id replace it. Lifting off the base/pan, I see it was set onto a 4" iron stub with a wax ring. New pans use a 2" drain.
Does the drain/trap need to be hammered out of the concrete and redone?
Thanks Mike
Mike Garber wrote:

If the CI is a hub, you can use a reducing "donut" to 2". If the stub is just 4" CI pipe, use a Fernco No-Hub 4 X 2 coupling to get a 2" PVC riser attached.
You will need a bit of space under the pan to do either.
If you use an Oatey drain: http://www.oatey.com/apps/catalog/showskus.asp?ctg &subctg=4&prodgrpid8 you just drop the pan down over the 2" pipe and calk it later.
Jim