Basement sewer problems.

    So here is my problem, about a week ago I had Mr. Rooter come out to clean out our sewer line , he ran 100 ft out and cut out all sort s of roots. Anyhow a week later water is coming out of our basement drains on the floor again, mostly if you take a shower or run the laundry (i.e. when more than a few gallons goes down the drain). The Mr. Rooter guy comes back out, says this time its different, I have a collapsed line in the house between my drain and the cleanout pipe outside. So I got a snake, ran it into the drain until I couldnt get it any further, and sure enough it stops right about the middle of the bathroom floor downstairs (fortunately its not underneath the shower!). So Im thinking what I need to do is rent a concrete saw, cut out a large patch of the concrete on the floor, dig up the pipe,cut it out, and then replace with a new pipe and some flexible coupling. Am I correct?
Please respond via private email if you have any help!
Thanks a million in advance....
Bob A. Booey wrote:

I don't have a clear picture of what the layout might be. Something like this?
CO Toilet,etc. <=====X============================O \ \ \_______O Floor Drain \ \_____O Shower \_______O Wash M/C
So, flushing the toilet does *not* backup into the floor drain? That would indicate a blockage at/near the WYE junction.
Did you use a sewer snake going thru the floor drain? How old is the house? Is it likely that the underfloor drains are clay pipe?
It is not that unusual for tree roots to penetrate clay pipe joints all the way under a floor slab. Of course, that would only be true in an older house.
If you're sure of the location, breaking up the floor may not be so bad. Often a sledge will be enough persuasion.
Jim
If you have roots in the pipe, you have problems that are not going to go away except by digging the drains and repairing/replacing all the leaks. The roots will just grow back. I would guess that they damaged the pipe and the work done did enough additional damage to finish the job. Sorry, but this one does not have a cheap answer.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math