basement paneling cost

hi all, we're thinking about getting a contractor to re-panel our basement...about 1150 sq.ft. can anyone suggest a good 'per sq.ft.' rate including all trim. one estimate came in at 4.25/sq.ft. but i thought that was a bit high. having never had anything like this done before, we just don't know. any info appreciated
thanx, pax, h2
pax, h2

About a buck two ninety, give or take more or less.
On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:13:50 -0500, "PanHandler"

pax, h2
In other words its very hard to tell you from here. best advice is to get 3 estimates, make sure you compare apples to apples. The middle one is probably the right price. The cheapest estimate probably left something out or under estimated the job, The high one may be gouging you. If the three estimates have 2 that are close and one that is wildly different, get a 4th and ask the guy who is way off why he is off.
Where are you located?

chicago

h2

I've seen a TV ad by Owens Croning about its unique basement panel system. Does anyone have any experience with it?
Thanks.
I've only heard from people who priced it out. Its expensve.
Cheaper to just have drywall installed.
Tom