Basement Insulating help

I'm planing on Insulating between my basements Floor Joists because the basement gets a bit cold in the winter and makes the floor cold. Should the paper on the insulation face up to the upper floor or down. I'm questioning this because I've read various information that the paper side should face to the living area. I'm concerned because my basement is usable. Has washer and dry, toilet, freezer, tv, computer, boiler and used for storage. Will people walking on the floor above cause insulation particles to fall to ground. I don't want to be itching like crazy down there when I'm on the computer because of this. Also a drop ceiling is not possible, my head just clears as it is down there. I also now naturally duck my head to go under the support beam that sets across the middle of the basement. Believe me once you hit your head hard off that a couple of times you learn to duck. What's the best approach here?
Thanks Insulation Newbie
Insulation bits will not fall on anyones head. We have a partially finished basement with insulation above the unfinished portions with vapor barrier on the warm side and no insulation ever comes down.

Shadowz wrote:

Please do a GOOGLE search for: Fiberglass + lung (or similar). It is being called the asbestos of the future.
I would not under any circumstances use fiberglass insulation in a habitable area where the insulation is not securely encapsulated. I don't think the paper backing offers adequate protection from glass strands getting into the air.
Jim
Moreover, the fiberglass insulation I've used is marked clearly to indicate that the paper (tar -- or whatever -- layer makes it even more inflammable than plain paper) must not be left exposed: it's supposed to be covered with sheetrock or other fire-resistant material.
PPC
On 11/22/04 11:41 am Speedy Jim tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:
<snip>

Shadowz wrote:

Frankly, I don't like open fiberglass in an occupied space. I also doubt if you are going to find that your floors end up noticeably warmer.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Insulating the area between two living spaces that are about the same temperature does not make any sense. However there may be some areas between the joists next to outside walls to insulate. Caulk around windows, doors, pipes, etc.