Basement Floor Paint Peeling?!?!?!

Hello All,
I just painted my basement floor with Lowe's American Tradition basement paint. I used 2 coats. It is peeling already, 2 days later, in certain spots where there was a lot of traffic. Why did this happen? I followed the directions on the can. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I'm currently doing a project (non-floor) with their AT paint... I will never buy it again. Primed the wall, put the first coat up and was NOT happy with it. Left it dry for two days, put a light cover back on and the paint scraped right off the wall. I'm stuck with it for this one, but waiting two days for it to dry was nuts in my humble opinion.
Do you know if your floor was treated with anything when it was done? Finish sealer or that sort of thing?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

One of two reasons...first and most likely is the surface wasn't cleaned/prepared. Second would be moisture. What did you do for surface prep?
Most likely you did not follow the cans instructions on prep.
I was just reading the instructions online. It says to clean with TSP. Where do you get that? It also says you can do an acid etching if it is unpainted or smooth worn concrete.
What would you all suggest? Should I scrape off all of the new paint? Even in the areas where it is not peeling? and then clean with TSP then repaint?
I was thinking about just painting over the peeling spots then putting area rugs down.
what do you think?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

you buy paint. It is the same stuff they use in laundry soap. it has been banned however in some places and now there is a replacement product which has no phosphate. The advantage of TSP and its replacements is that there is no foaming or sudsing like there are with other products. Rinsing thourougly is the key with TSP making sure not of the residual is left.
If the paint is peeling then it has to be scraped but certainly you do not scrape areas where the paint has adhered. then you can repaint the damaged area. Then, if you decide it's not good enough you can make a decision to paint the entire floor again. In that case you will be able to lightly sand the paited areas to encourage the new coat to adhere. Probably it will show up where you goofed but throw rugs sound good to me.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

if it is not moisture pushing it up, let it wear off then in a year or so etch the bare spots and try again, surface prep is everything
I think you should have used muratic acid to slightly etch the floor first, or something.
I basically just wire brushed it floor to get all loose flakes off then I sweeped the floor and painted.
I basically just wire brushed it floor to get all loose flakes off then I sweeped the floor and painted.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Preparation is everything when it comes to painting. You surface must be super clean before you even open up the paint. When doing your own painting it is really worth it to go overboard on the prep especially considering how much energy and money is involved. I use a shop vac in the final stages of clean up to get up all the little crumbs in the corners.
painted concrete never holds up well espically if the concrete has any moisture in it, worse its a bear to strip paint.
cif the areas pretty dry and a finished space carpet is a excellent choice. or use vinyl tile or sheet goods.
paint gets that worn look too fast
The key to painting concrete is surface prep. I painted a concrete garage floor 10 years ago and it has never peeled. I first acid-etched the floor, rinsed it 3 times and let it dry for several days. Then I painted with a 2-part epoxy paint called Pittsburgh Polyamide.