Basement drain

I have a septic system, where the drain leaves the basement about four feet above the floor.

There are a few reasons why I want a low drain. The two most prominent are for installing a utility sink and a water softener.

The floor is 4-inch concrete.

What's the most practical route to go? Should I cut through the floor, dig a hole, and put a sump pump at the bottom? Or just place a basin on the floor with a pump?

-- - Mike

Remove 'spambegone.net' and reverse to send e-mail.

Reply to
Mike Ruskai

Often this is because the destination is only a little less than four feet above the floor. If this is the situation then a pump is the only answer.

On the other hand if the destination is below floor level then I would try to go that route. The final result is going to be more trouble free.

If you need a pump, buy the very best you can find.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I take it you have no basement sump, so WHEN a pipe or washing machine hose or your water heater breaks you will flood. . Digging a hole is best , right.

Reply to
m Ransley

Plumbing suppliers carry a product called a Drainosour just for your purpose. Pretty much a covered plastic can with a sump pump in it, all ready to go. Sounds better than busting out concrete and dugging a hole for a sump pit! Greg

Reply to
Greg O