Basement Damproofing ?

I am installing an interior french drain system in 8 inch CMU block wall basement which shows only very limited flooding ( only the recent heavy rains in the 15 years I have owned the house) but there a significant efflourescence on the walls . As I now want to finish the interior of the basement I would like to also apply something on the interior side of the block wall and slab to prevent moisture and would like some recommendations . - Thanks.
rkpatt wrote:

About all you can do on the inside is cosmetic. A drain system can help and now you have that. Making sure all the gutters dump their water well away from the foundation and that the ground all around the house slopes away from the home is your best defense.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 01:14:35 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

You can put a membrane on the inside of the walls so that the water that does get through is directed down to weeping tile under the floor, but that sounds like overkill when you seldom have that big a problem.