Basement concrete pour line

Just moved into my new house in Ann Arbor Mi. The basement was poured in April of 2003.
My question:
I notice the pour lines (5 inch darker diagonal line with no cracks) in four of the basement walls. What does this mean? Possible problems?
Thanks Paul
Post a picture of the lines.
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:35:45 -0500, "Irene and Paul"

My guess would be a cold joint, though yours is almost too straight. They are usually the result of a delay in the pour like a truck break down, pump breakdown, etc. In a perfect world you would not have it, but as long as the concrete was well vibrated (and yours appears to be), it should not cause any long term harm.

If it was well vibrated, wouldn't you expect the line to be horizontal?
Mike
no
--

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Keep the whole world singing. . . .
PJx wrote:

On a web site and then post the url here. This isn't a .bin group.
Matt
Please take a look at the attached picture.
Can't do it.
It's such a bad idea to send a picture to the internet that many ISP's routinely delete them.
The thing to do is to put them up on a web page and send us the link.
Best of luck, and let us know how it comes out!
--
Lyle B. Harwood, President
Phoenix Homes, Inc.

Textured surface forms?

Probably where one truck ran out and a new one started the pour no worries.

Looks like a classic cold joint. If it isn't cracked or honeycombed, don't worry about it. If you're going to finish the basement and leave the wall exposed, there are several concrete coating products in many colors which will cover it nicely.
MC & HNY
--
-JR
Hung like Einstein and smart as a horse

We have the same type of line in one area of our basement. Builder said it was where one area was poured over another one. No cracks, and ours has extensive rebar so I'm not worried. I'm not an expert, so YMMV, but again our basement looks just like that.
(oh, and those are textured form block lines - our basement has that look too).
[sorry to xpost to sci.engr.civil, wouldn't have been my first choice, but hate to break up the follow-ups from the original poster]
--
Fighting cancer for Team TIVO: Put your computer to work - join and help the
fight.