Basement Buddy water pressusure sump pump opinion

What is your opinion of this water pressure backup sump pump compared to the others on the market? It has mostly brass parts compare to thee others I have checked on. Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Ace

you gave no site info

Reply to
m Ransley

It works as long as you don't need it to pump too much water over too high a head.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Ace

It sounds good, how long has the Co been making them. Zoeller and Basepump are the ones I heard of. Zoeller has been in business a while. Sure beats a battery set up.

Reply to
m Ransley

And as long as you don't have a well.

Reply to
Brad

I just bought a "Sump Buddy" by Bur-Cam [in Quebec Tel:(514)337-4415 ] from Home Depot for $99 USD. HD doesn't have it on their website, but I found it in 2 different [upstate NY] HDs.

It is made of mostly plastic, with brass fittings and rubber parts. [2 yr warranty]

If I'm reading the Basement Buddy specs right, the Sump-Buddy is making a slightly lower GPH claim.

I *Think* the Basement Buddy is saying that at 5' of head it discharges a total of 1000GPH including the 300 gallons of water it uses to run. [700 GPH sump water -- that's a major problem, eh?]

The Bur-Cam Sump-Buddy claims 600GPH at 5' of head. I think at either rate you should be looking for sandbags, not a sump pump.

My local water is very hard & has lots of chlorine. I'm just guessing, but I think plastic will last longer in it than brass. [OTOH, if I'm lucky, this thing will just sit in my basement sump hole for 20 yrs and never have any city water pumped through it.]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

They are using a deep well jet pump j-body, and controlling flow with a float switch that controls a normally open solenoid valve. A pump guy, well driller or pump supply house has all the parts.

Gary Quality Water Associates

Gary Slusser's Bulletin Board

Gary Slusser