basement

need to know how much is a wave dehumidifer

Reply to
Norma

This question is actually current.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

For once, coming from that site, it is but I guess Norma's search engine is broken.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

On 24 Jul 2016, Norma wrote in alt.home.repair:

If you need to ask, you can't afford it.

Reply to
Nil

Yes, it needs 115V current.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Some answers here:

and here:
and Ace Hardware
and at Walmart:

Dean Hoffman

Well, I agree those are the better solution, but they aren't the "wave" miracle machine. Problem is, it's not miracle. AFAIK it's basically just a fan with a humidistat that moves air from where it's installed in the basement to outside. The makeup air then comes from the conditioned living space air. They tell you that it costs very little to run, which is because they only count the electricity to run the fan in the wave unit and totally ignore the energy loss due to pumping conditioned air from the living space, into the basement and then outside. Another problem I have is when you can't easily find the price of something online. That alone should be a red flag. If I wanted that kind of solution, I could put it together DIY using a fan, humidistat, dryer vent and some flex duct for not much at all.

Reply to
trader_4

And probably 10A of voltage too.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

+1
Reply to
Frank

Is it the good model with the flux capacitor?

Reply to
Hugh Jass

Norma posted for all of us...

How much do you want to pay?